It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- "Avibase is an extensive database information system about all birds of the world, containing over 12 million records about 10,000 species and 22,000 subspecies of birds, including distribution information, taxonomy, synonyms in several languages and more"
- hosted by Bird Studies Canada
- "BirdLife aims to conserve the diversity and distribution of wild bird species worldwide as an integral part of nature, by preventing extinctions, improving the status of Globally Threatened Birds, and keeping common birds common."
- "For more than 12 years, eBird has been available as a place for birders, researchers, and conservationists to submit, explore, and download data on birds. During this period, eBirders submitted more than 263 million observations.
- facilitates " worldwide communication in ornithology and conservation based on an up-to-date classification of world birds and a set of English names that follows explicit guidelines for spelling and construction "
- "world-wide bird photography collection of The Academy of Natural Sciences. With more than 180,000 photographs representing over 7,300 species VIREO is the world's most comprehensive collection of ornithological images."