It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- "Renowned ethnobotanist Nancy Turner brings together decades of experience working with First Nations in the Pacific Northwest. In The Earth's Blanket, she explores the wealth of ecological knowledge and the deep personal connection to the land and its history that is encoded in indigenous stories and lifeways, and asks what they can teach all of us about living in harmony with our surroundings."
- "The purpose of this Act is to provide the legal framework for developing and implementing a Federal Sustainable Development Strategy that will make environmental decision-making more transparent and accountable to Parliament."
- "Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture – farming with future generations in mind. Syngenta provides two main types of products: seeds and crop protection. We hold a leadership position in crop protection and rank third in the high-value commercial seeds market."
Food Sustainability, Security & Development - International
- "Since its release in 2005, WFP's video game to teach children about the logistical challenges of delivering food aid in a major humanitarian crisis has been downloaded over 6 million times, and has an estimated network of 10 million players worldwide!"
- "a multilateral mechanism to assist in the implementation of pledges made by the G20 in Pittsburgh in September 2009. The objective is to address the underfunding of country and regional agriculture and food security strategic investment plans already being developed by countries in consultation with donors and other stakeholders at the country-level."
- "created in 2003 by the nonprofit organization GRACE to help consumers understand the problems with our food supply and offer viable solutions and alternatives." - "celebrates local sustainable food, educates consumers on food-related issues and works to build community through food"
PT I - Women in agriculture: closing the gender gap for development , PT II - World food and agriculture in review, PT III - Statistical annex, References, and Special chapters of The State of Food and Agriculture