As a student, you can use your VIU card to access many services, resources and spaces on our campuses. Use it to:
Upload your photo through the Student Record System.
1. Log in to your Student Record account using your student number and password.
2. Navigate to Self Service Photo Upload through the Personal Information Tab.
3. Read through the photo requirements and ensure the photo that will be uploaded meets these requirements.
4. Upload the photo.
5. Choose the pick up location you will be picking your card up from. If you are unable to visit the Library Service Desk during our open hours for pickup, please contact us to make arrangements.
6. Click submit.
7. You will receive an email notification when your card is ready for pickup. Be sure to bring a piece of ID with you for pickup (1 piece of photo ID or 2 pieces of non-photo ID).
If your photo does not meet the requirements, you will be notified by email and you will need to re-submit your photo.
Once your photo is uploaded, please allow up to 2 business days for processing. You will receive an email when your card has been printed and is available for pickup.
Please bring 1 piece of government-issued photo identification (or 2 pieces of non-photo identification) to show when you pick up your VIU card. It is not possible to have a friend or family member pick up your card on your behalf. If you are unable to visit the Library Service Desk during our open hours for pickup, please contact us to make arrangements.
Cards are available for pickup from the Library Service Desk in building 305 during open hours.
Cards are available for pickup from the Library Service Desk during open hours.
Cards can be picked up from the campus reception desk during open hours. You will be notified when your card is ready for pickup.